Professional Webmasters Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Back Links VS Bad Back Links

Go down

Good Back Links VS Bad Back Links Empty Good Back Links VS Bad Back Links

Post  royal Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Hi,
In the never ending quest to dominate search, there are still a couple factors that always hold true. Website visibility counts expansively upon unique relevant content and strong quality back links. So how do back links work and how can you make sure you are not spamming your back links?

First, let's look at what makes good back links and what a Google Page Rank (PR) is. Page Rank is a scale developed by Google that ranges from 0-10. Google considers it to be a "voting" system, where the votes are websites that links back to you. Additionally, the source of the vote is also really important as it impacts what Google considers relevant and important. So for instance, a site that has a lone back link from a PR7 website could be worth more than even a site that has five back links from five PR1 sites. It's kind of like if the President were to say he likes to frequent Walmart; people would take the statement more seriously because, well, it's the President.

Now that I've covered the value in high Page Rank back links, we can move on to discover the additional factors that make a back link helpful and not harmful. Even though a high page rank matters for the quality of the back link, there are other factors to be considered, especially when trying to avoid being penalized for spamming back links. Good quality back links come from sources that are categorically relevant to your website. So for instance, If I were a limo company, I would want my back links coming from high PR sites that are related to my area of focus. These don't necessarily have to be limousine specific websites as a whole, they could be article websites, social media groups, etc. You have consider several questions when considering a back link. Is it a high PR site (my rule of thumb is 5 or above)? Does this have quality, non sales oriented content that is categorically related to my website? If you can answer those questions with a yes, then it's a GOOD back link. Remember, you can find high PR sites that allow you to generate your own content, such as article publishing websites.

So what do you need to look out for to avoid BAD back links? Let me first describe what a BAD back link is. A bad back link is a link back to your website from a completely unrelated source with content of a different subject. JC Penney was recently punished by Google for creating thousands of these bad back links. The problem is, Google sees this back link spamming as a black hat process. After all, part of the Google mantra is delivering the best results around and when you toy with their algorithm through inflation, there is the possibility that not only could they penalize your results, they could completely remove you from their search. When that happens, it is very difficult to get back into the results, so avoid companies and software that promise to create a considerable amount of back links to online directories and various other locations. It all starts with relevant content or relevant user generated content, it takes a lot of hard manual work and it takes time, but the pay off is well worth it in the end.
royal
royal
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.infradoctor.com

Back to top Go down