Professional Webmasters Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Your Personal Training Website to Rank in Google

Go down

Getting Your Personal Training Website to Rank in Google Empty Getting Your Personal Training Website to Rank in Google

Post  royal Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:20 pm

Hi,
When it comes to internet marketing, I'm going to go against the grain a little here and say that it is periphery to what we do. We are personal trainers, so therefore, we train people. Internet and website marketing is something we need to have an awareness of and an idea of how to do, but it isn't all we do. It's just that a majority or Personal Trainers are sole traders and need to be able to do a bit of everything. SEO (Search engine Optimisation) is a massive subject and one that I don't profress to being an expert at. That being said, I do get my sites displaying on Google without outsourcing and just by using tricks I've learnt by studying articles and resources. So in this article, I'll share with you some ideas about how to get your sites displaying on the web and increasing the likelihood of people finding you.

1. Have a website in the first place, a blog based one is a good idea for numerous reasons. You can update is regularly meaning Google will keep checking the site which is great for SEO, plus your prospective clients get to see how clever you are. They can comment and get involved which again is great for both SEO and your reputation.

2. Have a Google Places Listing, you can put on videos. Opening hours, pictures, and it shows and the very top of Google.

3. Submit your websites to search engines such as Google, Yahoo etc. and other directories. You can do this by searching add URL and add your site to as many as you can.

4. Research your Keyword. Make sure your keyword gets searched for and gets clicks. Optimise your site for the right keyword. There is a belief at the moment that Keywords don't count for anything in SEO, well if your keywords were not in place, how would Google know what to search for??

5. Get your Keyword density right. If your keyword density is too dense, Google will ban you and if it's too thin, Google won't find you! It should be no more than 10% of the total text.

6. Build Back links, widely believed to be the holy grail of SEO. In that, the more backlinks you have from quality and relevant sites, the higher your ranking. So if your websites a city, the backlinks are the roads that lead there The best ones is when a relevant and reputable site mentions you so you get a one way back link. Some backlinks don't count by the way, like ones from Facebook, twitter etc.
royal
royal
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.infradoctor.com

Back to top Go down