Professional Webmasters Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Networking Adds To The Equation

Go down

Social Networking Adds To The Equation Empty Social Networking Adds To The Equation

Post  royal Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:12 am

Hi Everyone,
I am unsure if anyone is still having conversations about whether or not Facebook alone will beat Google for overall Web dominance. Frankly, I don’t think they will and I know others agree with me.

That being said, a few things which do make Social so appealing however is the fundamental difference in behavior from users :

1. Users are much more likely to be “real” when dealing in social since it is their reputations are on the line.

2. Social is a more, dare I say, passive method of discovering content. There are no actions taken or searches performed and yet, it works.

3. Open Graph, which I continue to stand on a soap box about. Optimizing your Open Graph tags is a huge opportunity for marketers.

All that being said, from a search engine standpoint we know social is important. Google has made it clear that they pay attention to Open Graph signals.
royal
royal
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.infradoctor.com

Back to top Go down