Professional Webmasters Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphic Design - 5 Funny Requests That Clients Make

Go down

Graphic Design - 5 Funny Requests That Clients Make Empty Graphic Design - 5 Funny Requests That Clients Make

Post  royal Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:54 pm

Hi,
Different designers react differently to such requests. You might get mad at the client or you can laugh out loud! The second is a better option since it will keep you in cheery mood!

1. A Corporate Logo Design in Minutes!

I have come across designers who have faced clients who had requested to create a corporate logo design within minutes. I am sure that you haven't heard anything funnier than this! Do such clients really have any idea as to what it takes to conceptualize a corporate logo? Moreover, these clients are so smug that they refuse to see reason.

My intention is not to make fun of clients, but yet there are such types who leave you dazed! In such scenarios, you have to literally explain to them that corporate branding is not ordering instant coffee!

2. Design for Free!

Yes, there are clients who will come up with such hilarious requests. Such a client will tell you that their design is too simple, and so you are expected to design it for free! This is height! Working for a public cause is different, but working for a client free of cost is beyond acceptance. This is business guys. There is no place of charity here!

3. Designing the Wedding Dress

There are some clients who don't know the basic difference between graphic and fashion designing. It was only a month ago when I was excited when this prospective client buzzed and asked me to design a wedding dress! I couldn't help laughing and hung up!

4. Deciding the Colors on Phone!

Colors play a crucial role in any graphic designing project. Decisions have to be taken after careful thinking and then implemented. You have to have a word with your clients on the final selection of an apt color scheme.

Of late, I was designing a brochure for one of my clients. I asked him what color to add. And guess what he said!!! He said, "Let's decide it over the phone." Is it possible to decide on a color over the phone? Are we graphic artists or magicians?

5. You Are a Pot of Talent!

This is another funny remark that one of my fellow designers heard from his client. This client smartly walked up to him and said, "At first sight, I came to know that you are a pot of talent." Without even having gone through his sample work, how can one be so sure!
royal
royal
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.infradoctor.com

Back to top Go down