Professional Webmasters Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking Backup For Your Browser Bookmarks

Go down

Taking Backup For Your Browser Bookmarks Empty Taking Backup For Your Browser Bookmarks

Post  andry Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:42 pm

I surfed a lot of websites and blogs everyday and if I find that sites are useful, I will bookmark them for future references. My other reason for bookmarking is to easily browse them so I don't have to remember the long URL.Just click the bookmark link and it will lead to the targeted sites. My bookmarks consist of several categories like MP3's, Anime & Manga, Downloads, Notes & Tutorial, Articles, Blogging and etc.

Have you ever thinking if your system has a problem and need to be formatted, you will lost your favorites/bookmark links? Before your systems or browser going crazy, it is better for you to backup your browser bookmarks. The process of backing up the bookmark is really easy.

INTERNET EXPLORER
1. Open the "My Computer" window by either double-clicking the shortcut icon or clicking on "Start"
then choose "My Computer."
2. Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\ and find the "Favorites" folder.
Note: if you cannot see the Application Data folder click on Tools - Folder Options - Show Hidden
Files & Folders.
3. Copy the "Favorites" folder to your back up location (i.e. F:\backup).

FIREFOX
1. Inside the browser go to Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks
2. From the File menu, choose Export
3. Select the location where you want to save the bookmarks.html file. You just have to remember the location where you save the file, and copy it to a backup storage device when you are finished.
4. Click Save

# The easiest way for Firefox's user is to use an extension called Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer which automatically synchronizes your bookmarks with Foxmark's server.This extension will automatically synchronizes your bookmark whenever you closed your Firefox's browser.
#Another good feature of this extension is you can access your bookmarks from any computer at any time via http://my.foxmarks.com/.
andry
andry

Back to top Go down